Cultivate your curves; they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.

- Miss Mae West -

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Outside the Wire

        Outside The Wire::                   Written by Jimi Stanton             Directed by Daniel Marcum    Synopsis(Taken from Capital Fringe Website)~~~Sergeant Mark Mercer comes home from the war in Iraq only to realize that life will never be the same. Through video and live theatre, experience the struggles soldiers and their families live through during and after war.
So first let me say, this was one of the shows from Fringe Festival 2013 that the MOMENT I read the synopsis I was moving my schedule around to see it.  And I am beyond glad that I did.  

Outside the Wire is a 2 hour play written to honor not only Jimi Stanton's brother, but all soldiers.  It's at times funny, chilling, and extremely emotional.  I left feeling strangely connected to the main character Sergeant Mark Mercer, played amazingly and brilliantly by Jimi Stanton(writer and co-director), and his wife Michelle. I could have sat another hour to see how life went on for the pair.  

The mix of video added another layer to the play, giving you a behind the scenes look at the characters and bringing you closer to their state of mind on being soldiers.

Basically what I'm saying is go see it- I refuse to ruin it for those that do.  Its just brilliant.
Warning::: Bring Tissues! #Tearjerker

Here is the DC Theatre Scene Review by Jennifer Deal, she's a professional and MUCH better at this review thing ;)

Miss you Always D...RIP LC Derek J. Carter




No comments:

Post a Comment