Cultivate your curves; they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.

- Miss Mae West -

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January Cure Day 4!

So technically day four was yesterday but I didn't get around to the actual work until around midnight last night.

So day 4:  Get a fresh perspective in just 10 minutes

Pretty simple, the task asked you to sit in a spot in a room that you're not generally in and quietly observe the room for 10 minutes; no tv, no radio; just you and your thoughts

From Apartment Therapy::
1. Look around the room and try to imagine what it would look like empty. Recall what it was like when you moved in.
2. Once you have done that, focus on whatever part of the room that you feel is the most problematic and imagine removing the "stuff" from that area - furniture, belongings, everything. Now, start rebuilding that area, adding back in only what feels right and looks good in your minds eye.
3. Make note of what changes you envision and move forward with some additional clarity about how you truly want your home to be; what you need and what you can move forward without..

So I chose my new room....it's partly set up how I want it but there's definitely some tweaking to be done.

  • Curtain panels..nothing too heavy just to add a little more color to the room
  • Some inexpensive frames to frame this map and two burlap designs I have
  • Move my dresser to the window wall
  • Shift my bed over a couple inches
  • 4 cube stacker for extra storage by the door
  • "Bar cart" to give it a fun classy vibe
  • Switch up the desk layout to give myself more open work space
  • Re-organize my hair and body stuff to one area instead of three- I'm really bad about that
  • Need Bookends to hold up the dvd stack
  • Repaint dresser- time for a facelift..thinking black with silver and  white detailing 
  • Need a loungey type chair to complete the "lounge" vibe 
Here's what the room looks like currently

 Happy De-cluttering!


No comments:

Post a Comment