Cultivate your curves; they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.

- Miss Mae West -

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mason jars, Flavored Water, & More....

So you'll have to excuse me if this post seems like one long internal conversation cause well....it is.


I kinda fell off the wagon with the healthy eating plan especially lately(beers and fries oh boy) so I've decided its time to get set mentally, physically and emotionally.  Maybe this all comes from working with a life coach-Pause: She's not my life coach she's just my co-worker AND a life coach- so many of our talks during our shifts at work are all about getting yourself centered and happy.  Basically I need to start by putting myself right body, mind and soul.  Starting with the body; I can't be of a centered mind and still be treating my body like crap.  


So here's the start. 


 Finding ways to make water fun, I know I know its water its not supposed to be fun, but add in some herbs, or some fruit and its a tasty glass of happy health.  My current favorite basil-strawberry water.  No real need to sweeten anything just smush the fruit and herbs and go to town.  OOO! and hibiscus lemon water...it turns really dark but its delicious and super refreshing, and considering the current temps in DC, refreshing is wonderful.  


Of course really the start was cleaning the kitchen totally.  I mean throw out old stuff and scrub down fridge shelves clean.  Of course now I need a new dish drainer but it was necessary.  


And of course my new fascination...mason jars! You get like 9 for $11 at a hardware store and can try out all kinds of combinations for fun(yes this did start as a liquor experiment but shhhhh)


Off to drink some water and relax on this beautiful day.



No comments:

Post a Comment