Cultivate your curves; they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.

- Miss Mae West -

Friday, June 8, 2012

Review Time!!!!

First up....
The Pink Snapper


Heard about this place from a coworker who said it put Sweet Mangoes to shame.  So I had to try it.  

First the lunch special is UNBEATABLE $7 for any chicken meal and a soda.  And were not talking a small amount of food.  Second you get a plantain with your meal...I took my food to go and was seriously debating going back for more plantains(I've had some so/so experiences so they aren't usually my favorite item)  And lastly the two women there when I went in were so nice and friendly which was a big change from my experience at the prior mentioned place(apparently I should just KNOW????)  

Overall I'm satisfied and definitely going back to try the jerk chicken very soon.

Hooray good food in Petworth!





Aaaand Second.....
DC Reynolds

Really more of a 3.75 stars.  Only been here a few times so I'm still a little on the fence.  The first time I went was amazing 5star kind of experience.  The food was tasty and a little bit more quality than you generally get at bars(kimchii on a bratwurst)  and the drink specials from 5-9 are too hard to pass up.  2-for-1 keeps me coming back.

The other two times have been a little....ehhhh.  They are frequently out of my favorite beer that they carry Chocolate City Copper Ale(delicious you must try) and the most recent time I went they seemed to be running out of everything food related little by little all by 9:45.  

In most cases hey whatever you're out of something cool no big deal but it felt like instead of just saying "sorry we're out, but ______ is really good too" our waitress just kept giving us the "we've been slammed and the computers went down so yeah no we don't have that right now" excuse.  But ok sure you've had a hectic night.  I'd actually probably knock another star off for the last time we went....25+ minutes waiting for FRIES(that then never came)-just no!

The bathroom(s) can't speak for all of them only went in the one on the main level near the patio door.  However EWWW.  Please just peek inside every hour or so cause it was atrocious.  

Somewhat dive bar-esque but like an upscale dive bar.  I'd still go back though I mean 2 for 1!!!!  YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment