Cultivate your curves; they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.

- Miss Mae West -

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Cava Mezze Grill 14th Street Review



So first...oh wow Cava has a restaurant!  *And upon google they have several*

Cava Mezze Grill, is a Chipotle/Roti style eatery, where you select what your eating and then pick the toppings, meat etc.  See the menu here:  MENU

So I stopped in on my way to the park to get some work done and just wanted a little bite sized something to take with me, so when I saw the minis on the board I was elated. And they didn't disappoint.  For each mini you get(in this case anyway) Your choice of spread, and 1 falafel ball per mini and your toppings!  Not a bad deal for around 8 bucks with a drink...roughly the same as Chipotle.

But of course theres a few draw backs....the minis don't travel quite well.  Still tasty but all the toppings(that were thrown in the box carelessly to start) had shifted mostly off to the side of the box.  But see the parenthesis for why that could have been.

Spreads:  I tried the hummus, tzatziki,  and crazy feta.  The tzatziki as always was delicious!  Its one of my favorite items of theirs to buy from the store and even more delicious on the pita mini.  Then we come to the "crazy feta"...YUM! feta mixed with jalapeno spiciness.  It was absolutely delicious, but I'd avoid if you don't like spicy things cause it does pack a bit of a punch.  And lastly I had the traditional hummus, sad to say it was a bit of a let down flavor wise.  Just seemed to be missing something-good but would really like it if i could mix it with perhaps the crazy feta.

Of course I'm definitely giving them another taste.  It was pretty good falafel...chickpeas a little chunkier than I prefer but the chicken looked amazing.


All in all, my meal was about 730 calories so a little heavier than a veggie bowl at Chipotle(yes that's my comparison chart) But wondering if its a "better" set of calories.  





No comments:

Post a Comment