Cultivate your curves; they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.

- Miss Mae West -

Friday, August 3, 2012

Walked Into A Shop


I Walked into a shop....
I walked into a shop today
And asked them to take my scars
Bury them deep beneath
Layers of colors
Lines of ink
They sat me down
In the artists chair
And asked me simply
To breathe
They rubbed my scars
And Soothed my nerves
 Passed a tissue
And sketched
And reminded me simply
To breathe
The pattern was laid across
Covering over
The bad memories
The hard times
Those the scars represented
Needle to skin
Remember simply
To breathe
Needle to skin
Remember simply
To breathe
Breathe
Breathe
As the artist puts on
The finishing touches
Detailing each corner
Each line
I’m passed a tissue
Remember simply
To breathe
As I walk out the door
My scars no longer visible
Now I have a flower
To look upon in my darkest hour
And remember simply
To breathe

~~~~December 9th 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment