Cultivate your curves; they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.

- Miss Mae West -

Monday, August 27, 2012

Late Nights in VA

I lay here
Unable to sleep
Mind won't shut down
Thoughts
Spinning
Going going and going
Somebody hand me a drum
So many times to tell you
Whats on the brain
Stalled by fear of your rejection
I want you
No titles
No labels just
You and me
And I want you to want me
But I'm too scared to open up and tell you
Slowly building
Walls
Trenches
Moats
To guard myself from the hurt
Trying
Wishing the feelings had an off button
A force valve I could close
Wanting the unwanted
Or maybe I'm the unwanted
Unneeded
Fears creep in
Pushing me to the silence
To the deep dark corners
Where the doubts surround and cover me
Questioning whats and why's
When all I want is to tell you
I want you
Feel your arms pull me close
As you tell me
You want me too

No comments:

Post a Comment