Cultivate your curves; they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.

- Miss Mae West -

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Journeys....and Experiments

Happy Birthday Austin!!!!!

Not sure if he reads it but, always shout out your friends birthdays.

Anyway......Today I set out on a grand search for supplies to help get my business(Dulce Perla Jewels) organized.  Apparently going from hobby to business means you acquire a LOT of different pieces.  Little bits of every project I have ever done are wandering around; many of which I'm absolutely in love with and need to order more of asap....Funny how you can't remember which items you liked when everything is a chaotic mess.

So off to Greenbelt I went....Which turned into me going to Aspen Hill, and debating a trip to Laurel.  Also known as, "hmmm, maybe I DO need a car" but whatever thank you WMATA, alll my trains and buses were running on time and possibly even a little ahead of schedule, fine by me I was a woman on a mission.



First stop Joann Fabrics in Greenbelt.........................................................................

As a beading supply mission they get an......................................... F-
Literally one crappy aisle, filled mostly with the plastic beads little kids play with....not helping at all!

But I'm not one to give up easily so I wandered and searched, and wandered.
Finally decided to grab some felt and check out their fabrics to make some new ring displays and start planning out the jewelry boxes to sell.  Trust me this is when the skies cleared and "Miracles happen when we just believe" started playing from a distance....Shoved off in a corner of "fancy" materials was a cute little section of sale items....brocades, sari fabrics, and yes KIMONO fabric.
<<<<<<That beauty right there is one of the 3 I bought, also a cute blue and silver....sometimes the back of the material makes it worth getting.

So after that long trek I had to head to Aspen Hill....Sigh if only they would build some craft stores in DC.  It'd be appreciated

But lucky me I found this cutie at
Michaels........
Definitely on the To Buy list.....



Now to inventory
And as always.......

No comments:

Post a Comment