Cultivate your curves; they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.

- Miss Mae West -

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Writing through the pain

      So as you can tell, lately I've just been in a very poetic mood.  Needing to express the crazy whirlwind inside of me through words..sometimes organized and planned, but often written as they spilled from my soul.  I started really writing after my break up with Jimbo as a way to breathe through the pain, anger, hurt and confusion.  Sometimes when I find myself slipping down the dangerous slope of contacting him I grab a pen and write what I want to say.  Cutting off a part of your life cold turkey, no patch has been invented for heartbreak, is definitely a hard thing to do.  Hardest thing in life? Not by far, at the end of the day you're still alive and you have food.  But in the midst of the haze and fog surrounding it all it can feel like at any moment the cliffs of life are going to swallow you whole and take you away.

Silence is not always golden, especially when you're hurting.  But often after a breakup (particularly a bad one) you're embarrassed, and too betrayed to talk to anyone about everything going on inside your heart and mind...even more so because in those first few days; weeks; months; your heart and mind are usually saying two very different things.  For me, its been the random moments that pop up months later, moments that I don't want to admit to in the daylight...times I find myself wondering, missing, sometimes even needing.  But who can I tell that too without feeling judged?  

My advice, find a corner of solitude.  Somewhere you and all of your thoughts can be one together, grab some paper and a pen (or even your laptop) and let the feelings pour through you into the words on the screen or on the paper.

Never hold it in.  Holding it all in pushes you in so many bad places, mentally and emotionally.  Just write.

Write and Stay Caffeinated my loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment